My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

We went to the mall today to see if they had any good deals on arm chairs for our front room. They had a nice burgundy colored one that was a floor model. The regular price was $650 on clearance for $299. The only catch is that for some reason they wouldn't deliver it. It's not an urgent purchase so I didn't feel any pressure to jump, even though is was a really nice chair. Just what I had in mind.

In J.C. Penny's Sheri spotted a couple of shirts that she really like for me on sale for half off, we got those. They kind have that old-man retro 1950's look that is really cool.







Then we went to the middle of the mall and sat at a table while Sheri drank an iced coffee from Starbuck's. I was a little hungry so we walked down to Taco Bell and I had a tostada and a taco, and Sheri had a CrunchWrap Supreme.

The next stop was Farm and Fleet. The main things for this trip were rabbit repellant, a squeegee brush for applying seal coat, and Sheri wanted to look for some Lee brand jean shorts.

We found rabbit repellant, and boy is it repellant. They had three brands and the common ingredient between all three of them were putrefied egg solids and garlic. One brand also had capsicum; the chemical that makes peppers hot. I opened the top of the bottle to smell and a little bit got on my hands. Yuck. It says to spray it right on the plants that the rabbits eat, and I will, but I am not going to spray it on the tomato plants. That just seems gross. I am going to go outside and spray it as soon as I am done with this.

[Side note: I took an old bulb of garlic out to the back yard a week or two ago and cracked open each individual clove of garlic and tossed it near the plants that the rabbits like. I don't think I have seen the rabbits as much since then, nor have I noticed any additional rabbit damage. Just wait until they get a whiff of the putrid eggs!]

We found a seal coat squeegee brush for under $4. At Home Depot they were charging almost $15. That just seemed stupid for something I will use for an hour and then throw away.

Sheri didn't find any shorts she like.

I picked up another safety green t-shirt for biking. The only one in my size, 2xlt, was sleeveless, and I almost didn't get it because I didn't want to look trashy. But then I thought it's not like I am going to wear it out in stores, restaurants, etc. It will purely functional. Go for a ride for an hour or two, get sweaty, come home, toss it in the hamper.



The cargo shorts in the picture are from Farm and Fleet too. They are also what I was wearing in the first two pictures showing my shirts from Penny's. The waist size is 36"! Last winter I was wearing 42"! They still feel a little snug to me, but am probably just not used to wearing pants that fit me. Sheri says they look really good on me.

I also got another pair of house lounge pants for the winter time. I got a pair their last fall and I really liked wearing them.

We also got a few snacks. A box of pretzels. A Peterson's peanut roll. (I LOVE those!) We split a 4-pack of Reeses Peanut Butter Cookies. I also got a 20 ounce bottle of Diet Coke for the ride home. I have been pretty good about not drinking diet cola's, so a splurge every once in a while is OK.

We topped of the gas tank for $42 on the way home.

I am going to putrefy the back yard for the rabbits, wash my hands three times, and then watch a movie (The Machinist) with Sheri. She is feeling a little blah.






No comments: