My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Crap. Crap. Crap.

I moved the car into the street. Used the leaf blower to remove all of the debris from the driveway. Then I started to stir the first bucket of seal-coat. It takes about 20 minutes to work all of the solids at the bottom into a nice smooth thick emulsion.

After the first bucket I needed to give my hand a break before I started the second bucket. I poured myself an iced tea, and then thought I would get out the squeegee-brush we got at Farm and Fleet a couple weeks ago. I don't know how we missed it, but it is just a brush, not a squeegee-brush. Crap.

I stirred the second bucket for 20 minutes, and now I am going to change out of my grubby seal-coating clothes (it is already uncomfortably warm here and my shirt and head bandana are already sweaty from just stirring) and into some going-to-the-store clothes. Go buy a squeegee-brush head. Come back home. Change into my seal-coating clothes. Stir each of the buckets again for five or ten minutes each, because the solids will have already started to settle out, but not as bad as a freshly opened bucket, and then FINALLY seal-coat the driveway.

It is supposed to be 100º here tomorrow (Sunday) with a heat index of 106º. That should really cure my seal-coating. (That sounds strangely dirty.)

No comments: