My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

These are some pictures I just took of the yard.

Mom and Dad brought these last summer when they helped us with some landscaping. Lilies?


Notice all of the fresh mulch that Sheri put down today.





The tomatoes are doing really well considering what they looked like when we got them. The small plant in the front is cilantro that the rabbits almost ate to death. They have not touched it in a while. We'll keep our fingers crossed.



The two plants in the middle are peonies that we planted last summer, and they didn't grow nearly as much as I thought they would. I remember the peonies in Mom and Dad's yard would get almost five feet tall with big huge fragrant flowers. Maybe next year. Notice the hosta in the front that the rabbits almost killed.


These yellow lilies (?) were here when we moved in and they have always done really well.


Our feeding sock has had almost non-stop finch action this summer. I think just about every time I look out the window I see at least one finch on it. Here are two, but the camera does not have that strong of a zoom. Any closer and they fly away. At least you can see how brilliant their yellow is. I love our finches. You can click on the picture to see the full-sized picture. You can see more detail of finch.


This is all that is left of the plants that are under our family room window. The rabbits got everything else and half of the hosta pictured.

No comments: