My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

I was thinking about it, and I can water our entire lawn with just four positions of our new wonderful Melnor 4100 sprinkler.

As you may remember me saying our city has year round lawn watering conservation rules. We can only water our lawns on even or odd days depending on your address, and we can only water from 6 am – 10 am and from 6 PM to 10 PM.

So I set my alarm to get up and start watering at 6 AM, and I was going to leave it in each of the four positions for an hour. But as I was waking up I remembered that I bought some fertilizer with insect control that needs to be watered in, so I am going to apply that right now and then get the sprinkler going.

On the radio yesterday I heard that northern Illinois is now officially suffering from a moderate drought.

No comments: