My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

When we started watching the movie I was thirsty so I went to get my usual iced tea. When I opened the fridge I saw the open two-liter bottle of Coca-Cola Zero, so I poured a big 32 ounce glass of that instead. Now it is after 2:30 AM and I am wide awake. Both from the caffeine and from needing to use the restroom every 30 minutes.

Right now I am sitting on the patio listening to XM radio streaming through the laptop. Kind of cool. It is cool outside but a little, just a little, sticky. Comfortable enough though for just sitting.

I thought about going for a bike ride but too late.

Sheri hasn't walked shelter dogs in three weeks so I think she is looking forward to that tomorrow. After that we are talking about taking the laptop and the COBRA paperwork we received yesterday and go to our local coffee shop and try to make sense of that. They have wireless internet so if we need to do any research we will have that at our fingertips.

I am going to set out my larger Hav-A-Hart trap tomorrow and see if I can catch a rabbit. I should have done it earlier. They are destroying my gardens.

The movie was very enjoyable. Sheri said she "likes watching movies like this." Everyday People is about a Brooklyn restaurant. The owner decides to sell the restaurant because he is not making enough money. The rest of the movie is how the news affects the long-time employees and customers.

I was going to leave work early today at 3:30 PM, and before I was going to leave I walked around to see if anyone needed anything before I left. One guy did, and that changed things from leaving early at 3:30 to leaving late at 5:30. (The office normally shuts down at 4:30) Oh well. I bill by the hour.

I was worried that the light from the screen of the laptop would attract mosquitoes, or at least moths, out on the patio, but so far no one is bothering me.

There is an Indy Car race on tomorrow night at 6:30 PM from Richmond, VA. I might watch a little bit of that.

Over the air TV analog broadcasts will stop, by order of Congress, on December 31, 2008. If you want to watch TV on January 1, 2009 you will either need cable, a TV with a digital tuner, or a set-top conversion box. The point is, if you are looking to spend some money on a big TV soon, make sure you get one that will be able to take full advantage of the digital signals in just 3.5 years.

I can't think of anything else to babble on about so I think I will post this and then go inside and watch some TV on the couch. It is just about 3:00 AM.

No comments: