My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

When they built our house they poured the patio concrete right up against the electric meter pedestal on the back of the house. The house or patio recently settled enough that the front of the pedestal was pulled down just enough that it is below the lip of the cover that keeps it closed. You can pull the cover off and see live wires right there.

I called the electric company out last night and they said they have seen it a dozen times before and don't know why builders keep doing that. Anyway, they said they don't own the pedestal or, obviously, the patio, so I am responsible for getting the concrete away from the pedestal. Once that is done they will come back and realign the pedestal cover.

An engineer at work is going to let me borrow his circular masonary blade, saw, chisel, and mini-sledge tomorrow. I should be able to make three cuts around the pedestal and then pound on the concrete around the box to break it up. I will post some "before" pictures tonight.

No comments: