My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Not my ligularia dentata, just a picture I found on the web. Last night as I was watering the ligularia dentata in the back yard I took special note of how well the large heavy leaves were staying elevated. This afternoon I looked at and saw that under the direct sun and hot steamy temperatures we are having the leaves were all wilted and it seemed to be collapsing on itself. I went outside and gave it a good soaking at its roots and then continued to water the rest of the flowers. By the time I had finished with all of the flowers the ligularia seemed to have gained about half of its height back. By the time I poured myself another iced tea, brought in the mail, and made my way upstairs, the plant is standing back up the way it was last night. Just amazing.

I was up too late last night just flipping through the channels but I think mostly watching the History Channel. I think I turned the TV off around 1:45 AM. Therefore this morning I got out of bed on the late side; I think around 10 AM. I started a list of things that I think Tim and Lisa will want to see on their New York trip. I set the list up in a spreadsheet in such a way that she can add additional items to the list along with the address, and then e-mail it back to me so I can run it through a mapping program I have that will plot all of the locations onto a map. This should help them plan each day by know which things are clustered together.

I started a load of laundry. I have to unload the dishwasher which I started last night before I went upstairs.

My next immediate goal is to dig out the paperwork I need to submit my estimated quarterly tax payment to the IRS on-line. I might then ride my bike about a half mile to the nearest mail box to drop a couple of things in. I don't think I want to ride much more than that today because I don't feel like getting all exhausted and sweaty. Then I think I just need to get out of the house for a bit. Maybe go to Trader Joes to get another jar of soy protein powder. Maybe go to a bookstore and hang out and people watch. Maybe go to Home Depot for some fertilizer. Maybe walk through Miejer or Wal-Mart just for something to do. (I did not end up going out last night like I said I might.)

I still have not watched any of the movies we have in from Blockbuster since Sheri left. It's just not the same watching a movie by myself. Maybe I will really really try to watch one tonight though.

No comments: