My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Meijer has pork tender loins on sale this week for something like $2.49 a pound, so we picked one up yesterday. I never really heard of that cut before. If I did I probably assumed it was the same as a loin. Well it's not. We grilled a few chops from it tonight and the meat is much more tender and flavorful, and I think the meat from a plain old loin is good.

Sheri successfully exercised her creative side today and marinated the meat this afternoon with something besides our usual standby of teriyaki. She combined some pineapple curry sauce we had on hand with a little but of teriyaki and some garlic powder. Delicious. She also picked up a couple ears of the most expensive corn we have ever had ($0.67 per ear!) and a few tomatoes.

For dessert we had some fat free / sugar free vanilla pudding and a few animal crackers.

For tomorrow night Sheri is already planning on creating a marinade with some peanut sate sauce we have on hand.

The kitchen is cleaned up and we are both in the office now. I have a few bills to pay and Mildred Pierce is on TV.

No comments: