My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

They are in the middle of resurfacing our street. Last week they milled off two inches of the old road surface. I don’t know how long it will be until they repave. I hope it is soon because it is rough to drive on, and the road surface is dusty.

This is a close-up of the milled down surface next to the concrete curb in front of our house. Some of the curbs in the neighborhood were removed and new curbs were poured. I guess ours was in good enough shape.


For some reason right in front of our house they put down a thin layer of asphalt after they milled off the old road surface. Maybe it was a low spot and it is to build it up before they apply the final asphalt layer.




The only reason I can think of for the city to resurface our street is that they have budget money to spend this year or else lose money from next year's budget. I thought our road was fine. No pot holes or bumps.

No comments: