My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

We had a good downpour here a bit ago and I wanted to see how the Rain-X wiper fluid would perform compared to the regular Rain-X product, so I took a drive down to the carryout for a soda.

I have only used the wipers about three or four times with the new washer fluid, but it has already added a pretty good layer of rain repellant, but it didn't seem to bead up quite as well as when I used the dedicated product. The difference was small though. Maybe it worked 90% as well as the regular stuff, which is still very good.

I imagine as I use it regularly it will build up the repellant layer on the windshield and could eventually perform better than the dedicated product.

Verdict: I highly recommend it and it is what I will be using from now on in both cars.

Note: Rain-X is best at speeds of about 45 mph and higher. At slower speeds and through stop-and-go traffic you really do need your wipers. Have you ever been in one of those downpours where you have to switch your wipers to the double-time speed, and even then you can't see and everyone is going about 15 mph slower? Rain-X really earns its keep then. Last year I was on the highway in one of those storms and it was almost like it wasn't raining at all.

No comments: