My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

While we are surviving on one paycheck I have been in austerity mode and keeping my consumeristic desires in check, but I already have a list of goodies to get once we are back on our feet. From smallest to largest:

$13 – The same model of Swiss Army Knife I carry every day except this one has a built in whistle.
Victorinox Red Swiss Army Knife with Whistle

$39 – It is not set via the atomic clock, which is normally a requirement for all of my time pieces now, but the digital compass is tres cool.
Timex Expedition Digital Compass T77862

$50 – Atomic watch with gold face
Casio Waveceptor WVA106HA-9AV

$60 – Atomic watch with red face


$73 – Atomic watch with solar battery charger. The G-Shock line is built for extreme use. Somewhat of a following has developed around their bulky retro look.


$90 – Henckel's Santoku Knife
Henckel's Santoku Knife

~$1,000 – Canon Digital Rebel XT
Canon Digital Rebel XT

No comments: