My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

These are for Shawn. I got stopped by this slow moving train on the way to work. I can see the train tracks from about a mile away when I am on the top of a hill. When I crested the hill the train was moving at a pretty good clip and was about ¼ mile from the intersection. I figured by the time I got there the train would be more than halfway through the intersection at the speed it was going. By the time I got to the intersection the train had almost come to a complete stop right at the intersection, but did not cross it! Very strange. It was moving slower than the average person walks. It was blasting its horn the entire time. I didn't see anything on the tracks, but maybe I missed it. Anyway, it gave me the opportunity to fire off a couple of trains pics for Shawn.





This is an aerial of the crossing. I was on the south side of the tracks.

No comments: