My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

This morning after walking the dogs we went to Sally Beauty Supply to look for a few things. I wanted to check out their selection of electric clippers. Every time I go to the barber shop I order a number 2 on the sides and a 6 on the top. I could save a lot of money if Sheri could just run the clippers over my head. They started out in the $40 range and I am not sure how happy I would be with a DIY haircut. Maybe we will see if Wal-Mart has a cheaper one to see how it works, and if we like it then we can buy a better one at Sally's.

Next we went to Performance Bicycle to finally get a water bottle and cage for Sheri's bike. I took hers a while back so I could have two bottles of water when I go riding by myself. They also had a great sale on gel seat covers so we got one for Sheri. The one we got is normally $22 but it was on sale for only $12.

Up until this point neither of us had anything to eat, so we stopped at Taco Bell for lunch.

The next stop was Menards. The dimmer switch in the master bathroom has started to malfunction so we picked up a replacement switch. (Sheri's eyes are very light sensitive when she wakes in the middle of the night, so she likes the dimmer switch for going to the restroom so she doesn't get blinded with full-on lights.) The electric garage door button has also started to malfunction sporadically so I picked up a new doorbell button for that.

When watching movies on the weekends I like to crunch on the big pickles from Bobak's, so are last stop was there. We also got a little bit of pepper jack cheese and a surprisingly good bag of chocolate cereal from Poland. They had a half pound bag on sale for $0.34 so I thought what do we have to lose. I didn't want them for breakfast. I wanted them for snacking in the evening when I get a sweet tooth. The name of the cereal is "Cocoa Kraks". I love that name. The website of the company that makes them is www.granex.pl.

When we got home I replaced the garage door button first and then the dimmer switch in the bathroom.

We both showered up and relaxed on the bed watching TV for a bit. Sheri had a craving for pizza so she went to a new place we have not tried yet called "Zia Pizzeria" in Bolingbrook. I think what happened is the guy that owned a bunch of Papa John's stores didn't like the franchise agreement anymore, so he changed them all to Zia Pizzerias. I pretty much expected them to taste exactly like Papa John's pizza which I think is just OK. Papa John's crust is very soggy and can't hold up under its own weight. Their cheese is also just OK. Not much flavor, but I have also had worse. Anyway, I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the quality of Zia's. The cheese was of a much better quality. It has a very good taste. It might even be a provolone / mozzarella blend; not just mozzarella. The mushrooms were fresh sliced, not canned, and applied liberally. The sauce had a nice fresh tomato flavor and not overly salty or with too much added sugar. The crust had a wonderful complex texture and a nice taste. It might be my new second place pizza. Lou Malnati's is number one, but you don't always feel like the large meal that Lou's is.

We had a few slices of that while Sheri watched Big Brother 6. Now we are getting ready to settle into watching Coffee and Cigarettes.

Last night we watched a really fun movie that I highly recommend called Kung Fu Hustle. It is a comedy and like no other movie you have ever seen. It has a look, style, and feel all its own.



No comments: