My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

These pictures were taken about four hours ago, not four years ago.













I was really enjoying pretending she was Goliath for a while, which was probably a mistake. She made the same faces. Had the same playful temperament. Liked to be scratched in the same places. Same mannerisms. Same size. Same build. Same color. Everything. Except for the missing white splash between the eyes and on the tip of her tale she was Goliath.

After a getting spoiled for a good long time outside I put her back in her run and went to wash my hands. When I came back into the run area she was demanding more attention. OK, what the heck. I went into her run and sat down with her. I hand fed her the entire contents of her food bowl which reminded me of what we had to do with Goliath during his final couple of months fighting cancer. I think that is what started it. Then we were playing with his plush toy. We played the same exact hide and seek game Goliath loved in exactly the same way. My eyes started to well up a bit, then a lot. I had to get out of there. I went outside and there were two puppies in the outside run. I went in to be distracted by them, but then another volunteer came in and was overly chit-chatty with me. She was actually really really cute and I normally would have eaten up the attention, but I just wanted to be left alone. Some more people started to come outside so I just disappeared as she started talking to them. A couple more times I felt my eyes start to well up. Sheri could tell it was getting to me because my eyes were bloodshot.

No comments: