My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, December 24, 2002

We got up early today and got to the city at 7:00 AM so we could have nice leisurely Christmas Eve breakfast at Lou Mitchell’s. Very enjoyable. I was having trouble keeping my eyes open, so I drank regular coffee instead of decaffeinated. The first thing the waitress said when she got to our table is what a beautiful face Sheri has, and what nice smooth skin she had, and that she looked so wide awake and happy for being first thing in the morning. We had to leave her a big tip.

The train and the sidewalks were very empty this morning. The office is very quiet too. I have a few things to do, but for the most part it will be a slow day.

The weather report says we should get 1” to 2” of snow tomorrow.

We think for New Year’s Eve we are going to slow cook a pork loin in our electric counter-top rotisserie, along with some of my now-famous stuffing, and some steamed cabbage with a little onion and butter.

No comments: