My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, December 19, 2002


Well, after two trips back forth between work and DePaul, I got my student ID, student number, and registered for class. I wasn't registered because my advisor, who said she was going to register me, hadn't registered me. This became apparent when they tried to create my ID card which requires you to be registered. The ID card people got my advisor on the phone and then handed it to me to straighten things out with her.

She mumbled lots of "That looks strange." and "Hmmm, I wonder why...". The scariest one was when she said "The computer says the class is closed." Grrrrr.... I was not in the mood seeing as how this was my second visit there. She put the phone down for what seemed like 20 minutes, and then picked it up and said I was registered. The ID people entered my name in, and sure enough I was registered. She must have pulled some strings since she made a mistake.

I went over the first time to get my log-on ID so I could print out my tuition statement so I could finish up the tuition reimbursement forms at work. When I got back to work after getting my ID, I logged in and the system did something weird and then kicked me out. When I tried to log back in it said my password was invalid. I called the ID office and they said to call the network help desk. I called them and they said to call the ID office. The help desk technician put me on hold, called the ID office and staightened them out, and then transferred me there. The ID office people said they could reset my password but that I would have to come into the office and show a photo ID. I WAS JUST THERE 30 MINUTES AGO AND TALKED TO YOU IN FREAKIN' PERSON! The policy is in place to protect my information in case someone wants to see what class I am registered for or how much tuition is. Grrrrrr..... So that's why I had two trips there.

Tuition for a graduate class at DePaul is $2,520! Holy crap. I don't think Ashland was more than $1,000. Work covers it 100% plus books and fees.

I bought a DePaul tee-shirt from the student bookstore while I was there. I was going to pick up any books I needed, but the professor has not sent the bookstore what books he will be using this semester. I hope that is not a bad sign.

No comments: