My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, December 19, 2002

Now that I am an old time crusty old Chicagoan, I usually don’t bother looking out of the window on the train ride too and from work. For some reason today I put down my paper and watched the Chicago skyline materialize on the horizon. I felt like a tourist seeing it for the first time. The sun reflected off of the very top section of the Sears Tower like a giant fire ball. Very cool.

One time, when we first started taking the train into the city a couple of years ago, we got on the first car of the train and I stood the entire way in looking out of the front window. (Going into the city the train travels backwards with the engine pushing. The engineer sites on the second floor in a special compartment with controls. On the first level there is a window that lets you look straight ahead where you are going.) The other passengers must have thought I was a rube, but I didn’t care. I was excited about being in the city, and it was cool.


I need to go to the DePaul University ID card office at lunch today to get a logon ID and password. I need that so I can log in to the University’s web site and can pay my tuition for next semester. I will take the L there and back at lunch, and probably try something different to eat while I am there. I will get on at the Washington stop at Washington & Wells and take the brown line to the Library stop at Van Buren & Dearborn. I will get on the orange line to get back. (Click on map to the left.)

Our kitchen looks like a bachelor’s kitchen. I think my job for tonight is to load the dishwasher and do a little house work before Sheri gets back.

No comments: