My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, December 31, 2002

I have had one comment back so far about La-Z-Boy furniture, and it was an "I have no opinion."

Mom and Dad are going to Columbus for an over-night trip. I think they should do more of that: Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago. Or even two or three day trips to New York, D.C., Philadelphia, etc. Find a couple of cheap flights a month or so ahead of time, and then just go. Even if they just try out some of the local restaurants and sit in a coffee houses watching the locals, walking through a museum, etc. It doesn't have to be an action packed, no free time, kind of trip.

The office is dead today.

Didn't go grocery shopping for New Year's last night because I was feeling crummy. We will probably leave early today and pick up food before we go home. Hopefully the stores won't be too crowded, and they will still have some decent pork loins left.

Shawn can't get "Brad" out yet, so for now I am just "Uncle". I miss hearing it already. I haven't played the video for Sheri that I shot in Toledo yet. Maybe we will watch that tonight. I have about 40 minutes of video on the MiniDV tape (the digital tape format that our camcorder uses). Maybe I will copy that to an archive VHS tape tonight, and then start at the begining of the MiniDV tape again.

I think this picture is spooky. It's just not something you are used to seeing.

The weather service is saying that it is possible we could have a winter storm here Wednesday night and Thursday morning, but the system is still too complex to make an accurate prediction. They said they need to wait a few more hours to see how everything works out. That could be kind of cozy; sitting in front of the fireplace, watching the snow storm, eating pork loin. I would have to bring the snow blower up from the basement.

I was thinking last night that maybe I will put together some model railroad track on a 4' x 8' piece of plywood, and maybe build some legs for it or set in on a couple of saw horses. I wouldn't do anything fancy with decorations, just a place to run a train every now and then in the basement. Maybe get some switches and cross overs. If I ever did want to get more involved, the track and plywood would not go to waste. I could just pry it up and reuse everything.

I think I discovered last night that the blogger editing interface is not designed for Netscape Navigator (which we use at home). It does a lot of weird things, including corrupting links and image references. So if you use Navigator, and also want to blog, don't.

No comments: