My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, December 29, 2002

I think my sore throat from this morning is turning in to my annual cold. Lots of nasal activity; head feels stuffy; have a general "out of it" feeling.

Went to the La-Z-Boy store this evening to look at recliners. Our current recliner is old and on its last legs. Sheri wants to buy a new one this week. I think this is what the shape of the chair looked like. The fabric she likes is like an old fashioned carpet parlor carpet. Please leave a comment below on your opion of La-Z-Boy as a brand. Is it over-priced cheaply made crap marketed to rubes, or is it a good quality product that is an excellant value. Or does it fall somewhere in between those two extremes. The chair we were looking at was somewhere in the $700 - $800 range.

After looking at furniture, we went to a new grocery store that is right behind the La-Z-Boy store on Route 59 called Michael's Fresh Food. The white-bread sounding name is very misleading, because the store is very very very ethnic. They had six different kinds of feta cheese in the deli; and not just a few pieces of each. They probably had 20 pounds of each type sitting in brine. A huge meat department. A very large seafood area with huge whole fish. Lots of unusual things. Too many to really describe here and do it justice. The prices were reasonable. Everything looked fresh and clean. Most of the store employees and cutomers spoke with some type of accent, whether it was Mexican, Isrealie, Indian, etc. And the store was busy too, which is a good sign. I think it has been open for just a little over a month.

The pictures below are things that I would like to order from the train catalog I picked up in Toledo. I don't want to buy them to run on a track; I would just like to build a nice narrow shelf and display them. Maybe in the upstairs office where I could see them everyday.






This is what we ride to work in every day.






No comments: