My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, December 21, 2002

Click on the icon to the left to see all of the pictures that Sheri took while she was visiting in Columbus! (The images on the page that comes up are also clickable. Click on them to see a larger image.)

I picked her up at the airport with no complications. Only ticketed passangers are allowed past the security point, so my plans of getting a bite to eat and watching planes and people come and go didn't work out.

I took the camcorder to take some footage inside the airport, so that didn't work out either. I took a few minutes though.

After I picked her up we went to Golden Coral for lunch. Up to that point I hadn't had anything to eat all day, so I was hungry. My plan when I go there is to have a big salad with just a little bit of dressing, and then a bowl of soup. By doing that I can avoid the bad foods on the rest of the buffet line like carbohydrates (mashed potatoes, french fries, mac & cheese, etc.) and eat the vegetables and lean meats. It actually works out well for me. I have written about Goledn Coral before, and it is not like the other "troughs" like Ryan's Steak House or Country Buffet. The food is much better. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables cut up right in front of you. Very few fried foods.

We also stopped at the video store and picked up a couple of movies. We will watch "Minority Report" tonight and "Brazil" tomorrow. She also picked up an older movie set after the Civil War to watch on her own, but I forget what it is called.

Golden Coral was our one meal for the day, but I might pop some corn to nibble on while watching the movie.

No comments: