My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, December 08, 2002


I tried to order this Gortex hat today (the blue one) from Land's End but they were out of stock.

I want a water proof hat for when it is raining in Chicago that will keep the rain off of my glasses and head, but is light and small enough to roll up and tuck in a pocket. I have found similar looking hats locally, but they have all been insulated. The insulation makes them too bulky to roll up and stuff in a pocket, plus it would be too hot in the summer. This looks like it.

This is how Land's End describes it:
Better than an umbrella.
From golf to gardening, boating to backpacking — sometimes you need to keep your hands free. When an umbrella is too bulky, take along this GORE-TEX® Baseball Hat. It's light enough to tuck into your pocket, and the 5-piece crown has tape-sealed seams so rain can't get in. The precurved visor fits comfortably and shields your face. Inside, a soft CoolMax® sweatband wicks away perspiration. One size, with adjustable strap in back. Machine wash. Imported.

The Gortex will keep the rain out, but not trap moisture from my head.

No comments: