My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, December 08, 2002

We went to Best Buy last night and bought the camcorder that I mentioned earlier. I took three minutes of video last night (Goliath barking and getting his ball) and then transferred it to VHS video tape just to see how everything works. Pretty cool. I picked up a UV filter to protect the lens, but when I got home it was the wrong size. Maybe we will return that today.

My plan is to keep in handy and try to tell the story of what's going on with us. Probably a very similar style to what I have been doing here, only in video. When something happens or occurs to me that I find interesting, spend 30 seconds shooting some video while I talk about whatever it is that I find interesting. Kind of like a video diary.

We were both hungry for dinner before we went to Best Buy (well it was 8:00 PM) so we had to stop at Fuddrucker's for a burger first. It was killing me to sit and have a nice dinner first. I wanted to get the camera first and then eat dinner while I read the instruction manual, but we both would have been cranky-hungry.

Best Buy has a 24 months same as cash promotion right now. We won't have to pay for the camera for 2 YEARS!
Returned our two DVD's to the video store after Best Buy, but didn't pick up a new movie; too late. Plus I knew I would be focused on the camera.


I am thinking about taking the camcorder to work tomorrow to capture:
  1. the people waiting for the train in the morning to go into Chicago
  2. the huge mass of people at Union Station all trying to exit at once
  3. the sidewalks of downtown Chicago during morning rush hour
  4. my office, including my co-workes (they'll love that), the view, and some of the facilities (kitchen area, meeting rooms, etc.)
  5. the high rise construction project at the north-west corner of N Wacker Drive & W Monroe Street. (They are still drilling the footers. A footer looks like it goes down 40 feet and might be 6 feet in diameter! They drop a big cage of rebar in the hole and then pour concrete in. Lots of big cool machines.)
  6. standing on the platform in Union Station waiting for Sheri, watching all the tired people running (literally) for their trains.

No comments: