My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

I almost ran out of gas on my way to DeKalb this morning. I meant to fill up yesterday but forgot. I was waiting for the engine to start spurting at any second.

I normally have two soy burgers for lunch when I am on campus. Today I had a bowl of vegetable soup that was very good. Very very similar to Mom’s. I also had what they called a Delmonico, but I have always called a Monte Cristo. Ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese on French toast. I asked for a few tomato slices too. Delicious.

I woke up this morning with a slight sore throat. It feels better now, but when I swallow I can tell I had a sore throat earlier. Does that make sense?

I also woke up with a back ache this morning. I spent a minute in the inversion table before I left, and that helped, but it still hurts. Dealing with the constant pain all day really wears me out. When I get home I will want to just lie down and go to sleep, but I still have a lot of stuff to get done. I have another midterm tomorrow night to start studying for, and I have a map to finish up for Friday’s lab.

The map is mostly finished. I just have to proof it, and then create a flow chart of all the analysis steps I preformed to create it. It is a map of loggable forest areas. A loggable area had to be within 5 kilometers of existing roads; at least 1 kilometer away from rivers and lakes; at least 10 kilometers from an existing shrine; and only on land that was below the 1,000 foot elevation line. I then had to produce a table about how many square kilometers of pine versus oak were in the loggable sections, and then calculate the project income from logging.

I had a midterm this morning that I think I did pretty well on.

I have another project I am working on to create a map of campus from an orthophoto. I am almost done with that too. I think I have everything digitized. I have to enter some building names into the attribute tables, and then work on formatting.

No comments: