My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, November 23, 2003

Making that connection yesterday with the German Shepard and the Rottweiler was really difficult. I miss having a buddy always around the house, but I know if we got one right now it wouldn't be fair to the dog. I just have to keep telling myself that. Plus, when things get back to normal for me I want to start doing some fun things we have not been able to do. Go to Chicago for dinner and show. Take day trips. Not going home directly after work. Stuff like that.

Sheri has talked about getting a cat, and I wouldn't mind it, but I have never owned a house where fine pet hair didn't have to be cleaned up. I think a cat would probably drop more hair than Goliath did. I would like to enjoy a hairless house for at least a little while longer. There is also that issue of smelly litter boxes. I would always be worried of what it smelled like to other people coming into our house. You get used to smells like that when you live it all the time.

They have some very friendly cats at the humane society though. They actually have more of a dog personality than a typical cat personality. They come running over to you when you enter the room and demand attention! I love that.

I think you can leave a cat by itself for at least three, maybe four, days. That would not make us nearly as tied down as with a dog. I don't know. I am sure the feeling will pass, but I sure miss cuddling with Goliath in bed on a cold winter night…

No comments: