My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, November 29, 2003

A month or two ago a Girl Scout and her mom stopped by the house selling snacks to raise funds. I ordered a tin of spicy nuts and sesame sticks. Today the doorbell rings and it is the Girl Scout standing on the porch with my snacks, and her mom in the idling van in the street. She says they are $7, so I give her a $5 bill and two $1 bills. She says thanks and leaves; I go to the kitchen, pop the top and try them. As I am standing there munching on them and reading the label the doorbell rings again. It is the Girl Scout and she apologizes and says the snacks are only $4 and has the three bills in her hands with a confused look on her face. I give her two more $1 bills and take the $5 back. She seemed to like that it was an easy problem to figure out, said thanks again and went skipping back to the van. How cute.

The snack mix is pretty good. It was manufactured for the Girl Scouts by a company called Dayton Nut Specialties located in Dayton, Ohio.

No comments: