My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Friday, November 28, 2003

I just found out that the Indian city Bombay was renamed to Mumbai in 1995.

It is on the western coast of India. I would like to visit there once the region is stabilized.

I would also like to visit the Ukraine, Moscow, Beijing, and all over western Europe. I don't have any interest in Africa, South America, or Australia. I don't get why people want to spend a lot of money to go to Australia. I think there are a lot of other places that have the same things, or better, to offer as Australia does for a lot less money.

Our vacation plans are for Washington D.C. next, and then the U.K. We were going to do D.C. in the spring of 2004, but with my job situation now, that will most likely be put on hold. Once I am at a place permanently I will be comfortable scheduling a week off for a big vacation.

The U.K. will be a good vacation to cut our teeth on international travel without a tour group. I want to go on our own, not with 30 other people in a bus. I want to blend in with the locals and get a feel for the culture. It will be easier in an English speaking country to do that.

No comments: