My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, November 29, 2003

I just ravaged a smoked turkey leg. Unbelievably good. Quite possibly the best turkey I have ever had. If not, it is easily in the top three.

The dark meat on the legs is the best. It comes off the bone and separates from the tendons very easily. It is the smokiest part of the bird too. Nice texture.

The white meat is moist and has a delicate smoky flavor. It also separates from the bone easier than the meat from a normally prepared turkey does. Maybe it has to do with the long slow cooking time used in smoking.

Half of the turkey has been eaten. I have not even touched the other side. I will start carving that side tomorrow. I am thinking about making stock from the carcass when we are done eating the meat.

No comments: