My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, November 22, 2003

The water heater is still leaking. It seems to be a small leak right now. When I came home yesterday there was probably two or three cups of water on the floor. I checked today and it looks like maybe a cup of water was on the floor. I am hoping it will last until after classes are over in a couple weeks. That will give me time to research which hot water heater I want to get, and have a plumber come out. I am thinking I will buy the tank myself and then have a plumber come out to install it. I think if I just called a plumber and let him bring a tank of his choosing, the quality of the tank might not be as good.

I checked Consumer Reports on-line and they said the annual operating cost between a 40 gallon tank and a 50 gallon tank is almost zero, so go ahead and get the larger one, especially if you have a Jacuzzi tub like we do.

Looking at Sears’ web site it looks like the main options are size and how long the warranty is. As a matter of fact, in the product name it indicates whether it has a 6, 9, or a 12 year warranty.

Speaking of Consumer Reports, I don’t know why anyone would subscribe to the print version of Consumer Reports when the web version is available. If you subscribe to the web version you instantly have access to all of the past reviews, as well as continuous updates.

No comments: