My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

When we did a dry-run out to my interview location on the weekend, there was a six mile stretch of road that was hella-busy. [Randall Rd] There was solid retail on both sides, and we hit every stoplight along the way. Kind of like Sawmill Rd or Brice Rd in Columbus. It seemed like it took us over 20 minutes just to get through that stretch of road.

Not knowing how the traffic would be during the week at rush hour, I left early to make sure I would have enough time to get through it. It turned out to be nothing like during the weekend. I think I only stopped at two stoplights.

Before I get overly excited about my daily commute, there are a couple of mitigating circumstances:

1. I was on that stretch of road at 8:20 AM. The main rush could already be over by then because everyone is trying to get to work by 8:00 AM.

2. Today is only two days before a national holiday. How many people are just taking the entire week off?

On the bright side, there is a ton of neat retail I pass, with a huge Gander Mountain store being the main one I am thinking about. There are also a lot of good restaurants along the way, but since the six mile stretch starts about six miles from my office, I will probably just pack a lunch everyday and eat at my desk.

No comments: