My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, November 01, 2003

A few weeks ago the monitor on our older computer got a little darker, and started to produce ghost shadows across the screen. Any dark object would make the rows that it was on dark as well. I just assumed the monitor had finally worn out. It is the one we got when Sheri was working at Checkfree!

We had an extra monitor in the basement, and today I finally tested it to see if it even worked. Guess what? It has the exact same ghosting characteristics that the old monitor does. So that means that the monitor is fine, and it is the video card.

I just got back from Best Buy and picked up the ATI Radeon 9000. I have a nice cold iced tea; a long screw driver; my work shorts and a t-shirt (it gets warm in the office); and I am going to brave the dusty innards of the computer to get it back up to snuff.

No comments: