My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, November 02, 2003

We went to four different stores (Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City, and Office Max, in that order) looking for the video adaptor, and none of them had it. So I just got done placing my order on-line with Amazon.com. The adaptor is only $10.95, but the shipping is $8.64!

Oh well, I had anticipated spending $15 plus $1.05 tax ($16.05 total) if I found it at a store locally. So my cheaper on-line price plus the expensive shipping works out to only $3.54 more than if I had found it locally. I guess that's not too bad after all.

If I just would have ordered it on-line to begin with I would have saved several miles of gas, wear-and-tear, as well as more than an hour of my time. The only thing is, if I had found it at a store today, I would be using it now. They say it will be "available to ship" by November 21, and once it ships it will take 3 to 7 days. I think their "available to ship" date is just to give them a big cushion if something goes wrong, and will probably ship much sooner than that.

No comments: